The Importance of Creativity & How to Foster It
Why is creativity important? Is this a question you have asked yourself? Creativity should not be underestimated. Creativity in children is so important. Creativity helps teach cognitive skills such as mathematics and scientific thinking. Creative thinking involves imagination, basic use of the scientific method, communication, physical dexterity and exertion, problem posing, problem solving, making interpretations, and using symbols which help with future literacy skills.
1. Creativity promotes emotional development
2. Creativity promotes social development
3. Creativity supports physical development
4. Creativity supports language and literacy development
5. Creativity promotes cognitive development